Financial FAQs: Frequently Asked Questions
What is the annual budget?
The budget for 2014 was approximately $3.1 million US Dollars.
How do I know that my money is used honestly and effectively?
ASAPROSAR follows a system of internal and external audits. Some of its activities are self-supporting, such as the eye clinic and a part of the microcredit program. Program money goes a long way as the staff recruits, trains and supervises hundreds of volunteers.
Where does ASAPROSAR get its funding?
- Interamerican Development Bank
- The World Bank
- U.S. Department of Labor
- International Labor Organization (IPEC/OIT)
- The Kellogg Foundation
- Grameen Bank
- Global Partnerships
- Friends of ASAPROSAR
- ASAPROSAR Development Fund
- The Seattle International Foundation
- Shield-Ayres Foundation
- Heifer Project International
- CODESPA Foundation
- Fund of Initiative for the Americas-El Salvador (FIAES)
- United Church of Christ, Norwell, Massachusetts
- Individuals, churches, foundations
- Sale of services, including lodging, food (cafeteria), vocational training